Sunday, July 13, 2014

Ocean Mist Cosmetics Collective Review!



     Hi everyone! Today I’m going to be reviewing some things from Ocean Mist Cosmetics. I’m really excited to talk about this, so if you want to hear what I think, read on.


About Ocean Mist Cosmetics


     Ocean Mist Cosmetics is a small makeup company that been family owned and operated for more than 6 years. They like to add a personal touch to their shipments and even wrapped my order in colorful plastic. At Ocean Mist Cosmetics, they believe that more expensive is not always better. They use the purest ingredients and keep their prices low for their customers.


     They claim that their mineral makeup is good for ALL skin including oily, dry, sensitive, problematic, acne prone, and people with rosacea and scarring. In addition to this, the minerals will help with inflammation. On Ocean Mist Cosmetics’ online store, they offer a variety of foundations, concealers, veils, blushes, bronzers, correctors, eye shadows, and so much more.


My thoughts


     Alright, so I’m going to start by talking about the concealer ($8.95 - $10.95) and foundation ($14.95 - $16.95). I started out my first application with this concealer with a small brush and started at my under eye circles and was shocked at the coverage that I got with it. I continued to cover all of my problem areas and achieved the same results. The owner also suggests using the concealer as a highlighter, which I totally recommend.


     I normally have such a hard time finding a foundation good for my skin because they are always too warm or too dark, but I didn’t have any one these problems with Ocean Mist Foundations. I chose the lightest neutral shade that is called porcelain, which was a perfect match for my skin! After buffing the mineral powder into your skin, you get a natural coverage and a soft finish. If you want more coverage, you can apply another layer, but I applied one. I like how the light coverage allows my freckles to peak through, but covers any redness and blends my concealer.


     After I have my foundation and concealer on, it’s time to apply the Lightly Tinted Mineral Finish ($ 11.95 - $13.95). This is designed to mattify your skin and set your makeup, so I was already excited to try it! This worked out perfectly on my skin and did exactly what it promised.  

     Next up is the eye shadow! In total, I tried out 7 eye shadows ($6.95).
 







     The first one I tried was “Emperor” and it is a pearlescent purple color that I loved. It was a beautiful shade that gave a beautiful sheen with a pop of color. This is under the “Shimmer &Pearl” section on Ocean Mist.


     Gulf Coast is a delightful sea foam green color that I can create so many stunning looks. I could see it paired with so many different colors, especially a shimmery magenta. This eye shadow is under the “Matte” section on Ocean Mist’s eyeshadows.


     Electric Blue is a beautiful color! I expected a darker color, but was pleasantly surprised by a mix between lagoon blue and powder blue, which you can see above.  As you can probably guess, this is placed under the “Shimmer & Pearl” eye shadows on Ocean Mist.


     Exotic Purple is such a great color to get the perfect dramatic look! While Emperor is on the warm toned side of the purple spectrum, Exotic Purple is the most beautiful bold cool toned purple. This shade gives you instant bright color with the perfect amount of shimmer. Exotic Purple is in the “Shimmer & Pearl” section on the eye shadows on Ocean Mist.


     Phantasy is a purple-y silver that is sure to give a dramatic look. I am totally in love with this color and is probably in my top 3 favorite from Ocean Mist. This color is obviously in the “Shimmer & Pearl” section.


     Perfect pout is the perfect medium silver. This color is vital to the perfect silver smokey eye! Needless to say, this is in the “Shimmer & Pearl” section.


     Cold black doesn’t need much explanation. This is the perfect blackest black that can be used for a dramatic black look or as eyeliner. I love it!



     Above is a simple everyday look that can be achieved with some of the Ocean Mist products that I tried out! I simply applied Emperor eyeshadow all over and used Cold Black as a smudgy eyeliner that gives a softer look. I used Ocean Mist concealer on my problem spots, Ocean Mist foundation all over, and Ocean Mist Lightly Tinted Mineral Veil. I used my regular mascara, eyebrow powder, and a kohl black pencil liner in my waterline in addition. 

     I love this look for everyday! If you want to transform this into a dramatic look, just build up the Emperor eyeshadow for intense color, use more Cold Black, and you're ready to go!

     If you're looking for reasonably priced organic mineral makeup, Ocean Mist is the right makeup for you! 





Ocean Mist Cosmetics' Links:

Site: http://www.oceanmistcosmetics.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OceanMistCosmetics

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/oceanmist4

Blog: http://www.oceanmistcosmetics.com/blog.asp


Disclaimer: I was sent these products from Ocean Mist Cosmetics for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Feel free to comment!