Saturday, May 2, 2015

WOD Collective Review!

     Hello everyone! This is a post I am really excited to share with you guys. Alright, here we go!

About WOD
      Several years ago, an RN named Jennifer Wirth created her own muscle rub. While cross fitting, she wanted to relieve the pain and knew she could make her own solution. After she and the people around her loved her balm, she decided to share it with a larger community. Thus, WOD was born! If you didn't already know, WOD means work out of the day in the cross fit world. I believe it is used to help keep track of progress. It seems like the WOD line is always growing since there is a few all new things!

My Thoughts
     There's something about the packaging that I really like. It looks really nice and put together!


 WOD Balm ($10-$25)
     I got a cute little 1/3 oz jar. It's pretty small and would be great for travel. The 1 oz is $10, the 2 oz is $15, and the 4 oz is $25. It is formulated with cayenne and essential oils to help relieve pain.  

     I have been upping my workouts and have been having the worst soreness above my achilles tendon (soleus maybe???). I've been applying the WOD balm and it has really been helping! I love how when I use it, I only have to use a little bit, which makes it last a really long time.

     I also notice it has a really pleasant smell, which is different then a lot from most stores.  It is a light minty spicy smell and not that strong almost chemical smell that most have. 

Tear Repair ($6)
     Tear repair is a stick of product that is supposed to heal small abrasions and dry skin or even new tattoos. It's in a convenient tube, so you can apply it to the area like chap stick. It is made with cocoa butter, shea butter, beeswax, olive oil, chamomile flowers, comfrey leaf, tea tree oil, lavender oil, vitamin e oil

     Even if you don't have "hard working hands", you will still probably really like this stuff. I had  hanging skin next to my finger nail and this is a common occurrence for me. When I got this, I applied it and it was smoothed down and starting to heal. I also had razor burn on my legs and this actually healed it overnight. I had no more itching and burning. 

     Tear repair definitely exceeded my expectations. 


Lip Balms

     I have an addiction to lip balms. I have so many that it is not even funny. I've been holding back on buying and reviewing more because it's getting a little excessive, but I was so happy to receive these! I don't see these listed on the store yet, so I think that these are new!

     The original lip balm is really nice. It has a light natural scent. The lip balm applies really smoothly and absorbs quickly. 

     I liked the peppermint lip balm better because it had a very nice herbal smell. It wasn't strong or annoying like some mint balms. It reminded me of mint tea, which I love to drink. I like how this one absorbs easily too, but I like reapplying often to have a little shine!

     I totally recommend you check out WOD. Everything is natural, homemade, and really reasonably priced! This would be a great mother's day present!

WOD's Links!!!
Site




Disclaimer: I received these products for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.



2 comments:

  1. I personally don't work out (I know, I'm bad!) but these seem like a really interesting product! Might have to pick something up for one of my good friends who is into cross country :)

    Rae // http://www.raechic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm being honest, I do go through on again off again phases, but I'm always making an effort. Definitely pick something up for your friend, they will probably love it :D

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Feel free to comment!