Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ocean Mist Cosmetics Collective Review! Part 2!

     Hello! Remember Ocean Mist? Well, I'm back with another review of some of their products! If you'd like to read my previous review, you can read it here!

About Ocean Mist Cosmetics
     Ocean Mist Cosmetics is a small makeup company that been family owned and operated for several years. They like to add a personal touch to their shipments and put my samples in some pretty plastic bag. At Ocean Mist Cosmetics, they believe that more expensive is not always better. They use the purest ingredients and keep their prices low for their customers.

     They claim that their mineral makeup is good for ALL skin including oily, dry, sensitive, problematic, acne prone, and people with rosacea and scarring. In addition to this, the minerals will help with inflammation. On Ocean Mist Cosmetics’ online store, they offer a variety of foundations, concealers, veils, blushes, bronzers, correctors, eye shadows, and so much more.
My Thoughts

Prime Mineral Foundation Ivorie ($34.95) (on sale for $24.95)
     This is Ocean Mist's brand new foundation formula! I was so excited to try this out. You guys know how much I love the original formula (which they are still selling), so I really wanted to know what else Ocean Mist will formula. This foundation is silkier and you can feel it smoothing on your skin.

     The only problem is that this shade was waaay to dark for my skin. This is the lightest shade they offer in Prime. I passed the container onto a friend who was happy to use it and says it has worked out great for her. All of the Prime shades seem to be medium! If you have light or dark skin, give the original formula a try! They have 34 shades!

Mineral Concealer in Fair ($8.95)
     This stuff really works. This matches my skin a lot better than Light, so I am really happy that I got to try it out. It works great for highlighting and contouring. I suggest this to you if you have blemish prone skin because it can hide redness better than any liquid concealer I've ever tried. 

Silken Perfection Face Powder ($11.95)
     This stuff might look bright white and scary, but it blends into invisible. It will mattify and make skin feel like silk. The main ingredient is rice powder, so this is similar to a lot of blotting powders on the market. I really enjoyed this!

Vanora Blush ($8.95)
     If you know me, you know that I don't often wear blush. If I'm wearing blush it is usually very slight and unnoticeable, but I couldn't resist this color! The shimmering pinky color is so beautiful and really would look nice on many skin tones!


Fine Brown ($6.95)
     On the site, this brown appeared to me a neutral dark brown with a slight shimmer, but in person it is a bit different. It is really more of a shimmery terracotta clay color. Of course I realize it's impossible to show what it will look like irl. It's not what I was expecting, but I still love it!

Natura ($6.95)
     This is a beautiful reddish purplish brown with gold shimmer. This would look good on all eye colors in my opinion, since it is a very mixed and unique color.

Golden Sparkle ($6.95)
     This eye shadow is a more orangey shimmery gold that I really like! The site describes this as jewelry for your eyelid and I have to agree.

Chimera ($6.95)
     It's kind of hard to describe, but this is a slightly green toned gold. It could be descried as an antiqued gold. 

Neutrella ($6.95)
     Does anyone else love this name? It's a deep metallic gray that is pretty unique. 

Sizzle ($6.95)
     This is a great matte white with a really slight tiny shade of lavender. I love it for highlighting just under my brow!

Rosy Pearl ($6.95)
     In my opinion they really should have named this Rose Gold! It's such a pretty rose gold color with gold sparkle. Out of all the shadows, this one really interested me!

     I definitely reccommend Ocean Mist Cosmetics. Let me know if you check them out!

Ocean Mist Cosmetics' Links:
Disclaimer: I received these products for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Feel free to comment!