Monday, July 20, 2015

Organic Gemini Tiger Nuts Review!

 Hello! I'm back with a review on a unique snack called tiger nuts!!
About Organic Gemini
     Mariam Kinkladze was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and decided she and her partner should try a holistic approach and if that didn't work, she would turn to surgery. They changed their diets to raw, organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and dairy-free. After only 3 months, the cyst was gone completely! Around this time, Mariam and George also found out that they were expecting a baby, which she wasn't expecting to be possible being a ovarian cancer survivor. Over this time period, Mariam and George started to love healthy foods. One of these amazing foods is Tiger Nuts which they decided they wanted to offer to everyone!
My Thoughts

     First, I thought I would give you all some background on Tiger Nuts! First of all, tiger nuts aren't actually nuts, but they are root vegetable. Chufa (another name for tiger nuts) comes from Northern Africa and the Mediterranean. Organic Gemini is one of the first companies to offer tiger nuts in America! Tiger nuts also have a plethora of health benefits.

     I was so excited to try these exotic roots! Organic  Gemini also offer a lot of other tiger nut products including horchata. Horchata is a mixture of tiger nuts, water, and whatever else someone would decide to flavor it with. It sounds really unique and fun to me!

     Anyway, back to the tiger nuts that I tried. In the bag, they feel pretty hard, but they can be chewed pretty easy as a good snack. They are naturally sweet and nutty, which is different than anything I've tried before. The bag also says that you can soak them to soften them up, but I haven't tried that yet. 

     Everyone in my house agrees that these are really good! The balance of nuttiness and sweetness will probably amaze your taste buds. 

     I also love that these tiger nuts are organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, nut-free, kosher, vegan, and raw! If you are looking for a unique tasty snack, check out Organic Gemini!

Organic Gemini's Links:
Site
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram 

Disclaimer: I received these products for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Feel free to comment!