Sunday, August 3, 2014

bareMinerals Steel Eyeshadow Review!

     Hello everyone! Today I just wanted to share with you one of my favorite eye shadows to work with, which is steel!

About bareMinerals

     bareMinerals is a widely known makeup company who produces all kinds of makeup and skincare products. They do not test on animals or work with any companies that test on animals. Their products are available on QVC, Sephora, boutiques, and their online store. 


My Thoughts

     I've had Steel ($14) for a few months now, and I love it! I am always looking for the perfect metallic gray and this is a beautiful addition to my collection. 

     Okay, I'll start out with the swatches! The swatch on the left is steel alone and the one on the right is steel with a bit of liquid concealer underneath. I also attached a picture of the container.










     As you can see, the liquid concealer makes a huge difference in the color outcome. I always wear a bit of liquid concealer under my eye shadows and pigments to achieve bolder colors. The color may even turn out better if I had used a proper primer, which I don't have at the moment. Do you guys have any suggestions for a new primer? I'm thinking of just picking up the e.l.f. one, but I'm open to hearing everyone's thoughts!

     Now I'll talk about the color itself. You can see that without the primer the shadow is a taupey gray that has some shimmer to it. If I want a more subtle neutral look, it is perfect! With liquid concealer underneath, you can see it takes as a different color. It is way more pigmented with almost a purpley tone to it. Loose eye shadows work really good for me and I have no problem using them, but if you aren't used to loose shadows, practice makes perfect!

     Now I'll show you some pictures of it on me!




      The awesome thing about this color is that I really think so many people can wear this and look great in it! All skin tones, undertones, and eye colors can wear this. 

     And that's everything I have to say about this eye shadow! I totally recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful silver. I'll see everyone next time (well, virtually at least)!





Disclaimer: I bought the product on my own. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
 



2 comments:

  1. This is great!!! I love Bare Minerals and haven't seen this color. Thanks
    BTW You have beautiful skin!!!! This color looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Feel free to comment!