Friday, August 15, 2014

Light Mountain Natural Cassia Review!


Hello everyone, today I’m going to be sharing my experience with Light Mountain Natural’s Neutral Conditioner!

About Light Mountain Natural

Light Mountain natural is a company that offers organic hair colors and conditioners all routing from plants. You’ve probably heard of henna and maybe have heard about Cassia which can color and condition your hair. Since the 1980’s LMN has been growing and packaging all natural hair products that are now available in most natural product stores. I’ll leave a list of the qualities of their products!


  • No chemicals or synthetic ingredients
  • Made with premium henna and other botanicals
  • No ammonia or peroxide

If you don’t know about henna and Cassia, they are plants that can color, condition, and enhance hair. They can provide safe and natural coloring!

My Thoughts




Knowing about Cassia and how to prepare it needs a lot of research. I will not be covering it all in this post, but check out my other post here to find all about Cassia!

I was excited to try cassia for the first time! Light Mountain Natural ( I've seen this brand anywhere from $4-$7) did a great job of giving informative instructions and providing gloves and a plastic cover.

The first thing you will notice about Cassia is the strong smell. It is hard to explain, but it smells like lawn clippings or something really weird like that, but I’ll get into that later. I will be mixing my Cassia with some conditioner, argan oil, Morrocan oil, and water!

During



My first step was pouring about half of the bag into my container and slowly adding about 6 oz of water. 




It was a bit clumpy, so I added about 3 tbs on conditioner. It was still thick, so I added about 6 tbs of argan and morroco oil, which made it creamier and will add more of a conditioning affect. 




In this picture, you can still see some clumps, but I mixed them away and added a bit more conditioner and oil.




Above is my final consistency, which was creamy, but wouldn't drip.  I know what you're thinking, ew. Also, at this point, this smelled like a peach snapple iced tea from the oils and conditioner. I let it sit (cure?) for an hour and a half while I worked out and shampooed my hair.Oh, and I only needed one box for my mid-back length hair and I thought I would need two!

I applied it to my hair and left it for about 2 hours. I hear that Cassia won't stain, but I put plastic bags down just to be safe.

Rinsing it out will be gross. I didn't used shampoo and I used conditioner to work it out of my hair. I conditioned it about 5 times and thought that it was all out of my hair, but I was wrong. Later on when my hair air-dried, it felt gritty and weighted down. 

About 18 hours later, I shampooed my hair. I know you aren't supposed to for 24 hours, but I figured that it couldn't do any harm considering some people shampoo while rinsing it out. 

When I was rinsing it out, I felt like I could run my fingers through my hair. It was amazing!

After

I let my hair air-dry once again. I have thick hair and it felt thicker than usual, but not frizzy, which was a strange feeling, but I liked it! After flat ironing my hair later, it felt thick and nice. I had strong silky hair. I want to try it on my friend with thinner hair, but I don't think she will like the idea of mud-like stuff in her hair.

My experience with Cassia has been a great one! I love the results I got from it! Light Mountain Natural is a great company to buy from because they give you all the instructions you need and they offer it for a cheap price! I totally recommend it!





Light Mountain Naturals' Links!




 
Disclaimer: I received these products for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Feel free to comment!