Saturday, June 13, 2015

Quorn Review!

Hello! I am so excited to tell you all my thoughts on a couple Quorn products. I know some of you guys already have heard of these foods, but I hope to bring some new information to you guys!

About Quorn
Quorn is a worldwide provider of meat substitute foods. They started in the UK, but have been available in the US for over a decade. These substitutes are made with a protein found within the fungi family. It sounds a little weird at first, but keep in mind that this is the same group that mushrooms come from (and who doesn't like mushrooms???). They are naturally soy-free, gmo-free, and of course meat-free. This makes a delicious food that is half the calories and fat, but still high in fiber and protein!

My Thoughts

If you didn't know, I am pesco-vegetarian, which means I don't eat any meat except for seafood. I love meat substitutes because they are often healthy and high in fiber and protein. Quorn is really quick and easy to prepare since it is frozen. 



Chik'n Cutlets
  One thing I really liked about the cutlets is how easy they are to make! There are a couple options, but I microwaved two for a minute and then cooked them in the pan with coconut oil for about five minutes. This was super easy and quick. 

I had a friend eat lunch with me and we had the cutlet, avocado with chia seeds, and sauteed onions and mushrooms. It was delicious! The cutlets had a unique flavor from any substitute I've had before that I really enjoyed.



Chik'n Nuggets
Chicken Nuggets used to be such a guilty pleasure for me to eat and I haven't had them since going meat-free. It was really exciting to hear about a vegetarian option! Again, preparation was super easy. Just pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes and you have some warm breaded crispy nuggets! 

I admit these aren't the healthiest option, but they are healthier than the meat alternative calorie and fat wise. These are definitely a great treat when you want healthier fast food.

To sum it up, Quorn is amazing!

Quorn's Links:
Site 
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Disclaimer: I received these products for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Feel free to comment!